State Secretary of Public Health Francisco Vera said Monday the toll number of Rocky Mountain Fever fatal cases decreased this year compared to 2015.
He said the state has 14 confirmed cases, of which six have been fatal.
By the same date of last year the state had 31 confirmed cases and 12 fatalities.
Vera said these results have derived from working between residents and public agencies.
The secretary said Mexicali will have a new Medical Specialties Hospital, a new Medical Specialties Unit, an outpatient building at Mexicali’s General Hospital and a remodeled Oncology Services Unit totaling 1,045.2 million pesos or $61.48 million.
New gastronomic route announced
A state official said public agencies and entrepreneurial organizations are in the early stages of the development of a tourist route in Mexicali.
State Secretary of Tourism Director in Mexicali Eloy Moreno said the agency and the Secretary of Agriculture Development, the Restaurant Chamber and craft beer producers are planning the creation of a concept called “Mexicali Steak Tour. Five Styles, One Destination.”
The project includes five different types of meat tasting like carne asada, Sonoran-style barbeque, Argentine asado, Brazilian picanha and local dishes.
Moreno said these dishes are prepared with Mexicali meat from local companies and marinated with local craft beer.
“Mexicali is not just Chinese food,” he said. “We have a great variety of dishes and this time we made meat a priority, beginning the tour with Sonora-style cuisine.”
He went on to say that customers can find in Mexicali at least three Argentine restaurants and one German eatery that has been received special distinctions for its quality. The city is also home to some Brazilian restaurants as well.
Moreno recalled Mexicali has been distinguished as the “Capital of Meat.”
Moreno said all local meat dishes can match perfectly with Mexicali craft beer produced by 19 different local producers.
Man convicted for sexual assault
A Mexicali Valley man was convicted during the weekend for a sexual assault committed against a minor of less than 14 years of age, said the Attorney General’s office.
Authorities said Armando “Doe” was sentenced to 12 years in prison for the sexual assault against a 6-year-old girl.
The Attorney General’s office said the victim testified that on July 14, 2015, the convicted man entered the minor’s residence after her mother went out to work.
Authorities said the suspect took the girl to a residence located at Marcelino Moreno Street at Colonia 27 de Enero to commit the assault.
The man cheated on the girl by asking her to go to a store to buy some candy.
Authorities verified the assault with medical and psychological tests.


