A 19-year-old woman was injured early Sunday after the vehicle in which she was a passenger fell from a bridge, said the Municipal Public Safety Department.
The accident was reported by authorities at 1:01 a.m. at Independencia Bridge between López Mateos Blvd. and I Street.
The police said a yellow 2013 Chevrolet Camaro fell from the bridge and left the teenager injured.
The woman was transported to Mexicali’s General Hospital.
The driver of the vehicle left scene, authorities said.
The vehicle exploded after falling from the bridge.
American fugitive arrested
Authorities said Carlos Félix, 28, was arrested at Ninth Street at Fraccionamiento Villas del Palmar.
The state agency said U.S. authorities requested assistance to arrest the suspect who allegedly crossed the border in order to abscond.
The suspect, a Compton resident, had an arrest warrant since 2015 for drug smuggling.
After the arrest, Baja California authorities confirmed the suspect’s identity through Imperial Valley authorities.
The suspect was transported to the Mexican National Immigration Institute to deport him to the U.S.
Alleged homicide arrested
A man who killed a teenager almost 14 years ago was arrested Saturday by state police officers, said the Attorney General’s office.
State Ministerial police agents arrested Adrián Alfonso Pérez Gil in Culiacán, Sinaloa, after federal and state law enforcement agents found him in that city.
Assistant Attorney General in Mexicali Fernando Ramírez said the suspect allegedly killed Víctor Morgado Aguilar, 19, on June 11, 2002.
The official said several men assaulted the victim by members of a gang from Fraccionamiento Villa Florida neighborhood, under suspicion of being a member of a rival group.
One of the suspects injured the victim with a knife.
The victim’s friends transported him to the East Red Cross clinic, but succumbed to injuries.
After the murder, the suspect fled from the city in order to avoid arrest, Ramírez said.
Pérez Gil was transported to Mexicali and booked in Mexicali Jail.
Rape suspect arrested, indicted
A 69-year-old man who was accused for sexual abuse was indicted Monday, said the Attorney General’s office.
Authorities said Salvador “Doe” was arrested under charged of sexual abuse against a minor of less than 14 years of age.
The suspect was arrested days ago at Fraccionamiento Pedregal Turquesa.
According to prosecutors, the suspect took advantage of his friendly relationship with the victim’s father in order to presumably commit the crime several times.
Prosecutors presented evidence during the indictment hearing like victim and witnesses statements, as well as psychological and gynecological exam results.
The judge decided the suspect will remain in Mexicali Jail while the trial moves forward.
Men indicted for carjacking
Two men were indicted by a state judge for allegedly robbing a car and shooting the victim with a firearm last week, said the Attorney General’s office.
Authorities said the suspects were identified as Juan Daniel “Doe”, 22, and Edwin Hazard “Doe”, 20.
Assistant Attorney General in Mexicali Fernando Ramírez said on April 12 the suspects presumably threatened with a gun the owner of a white Volkswagen Jetta with California plates at a gasoline station at Lázaro Cárdenas Blvd. and Río Presidio Street at Colonia Independencia neighborhood.
The suspects took a black bag with money from the victim and shot him.
The victim gave police officers details of the suspect vehicle.
Police agents observed the suspects at Colonia Carbajal in southern Mexicali, but instead of stopping the vehicle the driver attempted to flee.
The chase ended when the driver impacted a 2002 Honda Civic at Fraccionamiento Pórticos del Valle.
The driver of the impacted Honda got injured during the accident.
Police officers found the firearm and the bag with cash inside the vehicle, authorities said.
The judge gave detectives two months to end the investigation.


