A 27-year-old man allegedly abducted a teenager and allegedly took the victim to the southern state of Nayarit
Mexicali. A 27-year-old man allegedly abducted a 14-year-old minor and took the victim to the state of Nayarit.
State Attorney General Ricardo Carpio said the suspect was charged with child abduction.
Earlier this week, relatives of Mitzi Xiomara held a demonstration to demand authorities find the girl alive.
The minor was reported missing earlier last week.
Attorney General Carpio said the teenager took a platform taxi service.
Once at the Mexicali bus depot, the minor was picked up by the suspect, whose identity was not revealed.
The suspect allegedly traveled along with the abducted girl back to his home state in a vehicle.
Carpio said the minor and the abducted victim presumably have held conversations for over a year.
The suspect allegedly traveled to the city in order to take the minor to the state of Nayarit.
Authorities said the minor was housed at the suspect’s residence.
The suspect faces a prison term of up to 10 years.
Attorney General Carpio explained the minor traveled to the state of Nayarit by her own will.
American citizen flees from police custody
A US citizen who was arrested and two other individuals after a bar zone shooting fled from police custody.
The escape led the police to seek the suspect but to no avail.
The incident was reported at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Mexican Attorney General’s office premises in east Lázaro Cárdenas Boulevard.
Initially, the police were told the suspect was rescued by several individuals driving a dark-colored Dodge Challenger. Eventually, the police found out the suspect fled on his own.
Police agents found a similar vehicle in a casino located close to the AG’s office and even detained a man.
The suspect was inside a patrol car and was able to open the door and flee although the police espoused the man’s hands and feet.
Authorities identified the suspect as Alejandro Cázares Zúñiga, 27.
The authorities notified Customs and Border Protection in case the suspect attempted to cross the border.
Cázares Zúñiga was arrested Friday at 5:15 a.m. in the intersection of Francisco L Montejano Boulevard and Benito Juárez Boulevard in alleged possession of a firearm and ammunition.
The suspect was stopped while driving a gray 2010 Nissan Versa. Javier Edgardo, 22, and Modesta Marily, 18, both of Mexicali, were passengers in the vehicle.
The police found the weapon inside the vehicle, La Crónica newspaper said.
Police officers transported the suspect to the Mexican Attorney General’s office along with two other individuals.
The Mexicali police officer was waiting for staff with the prosecuting agency to open the facility’s doors.
The Mexican agency’s policy forbids other law enforcement agencies to enter the premises immediately. Entrance is allowed on a one-by-one basis.
Woman dead shot
A woman was shot to death Sunday in her east Mexicali home.
According to media outlet reports the incident occurred at 3:30 p.m. by Rio San Fernando Avenue in the unincorporated area of Gonzalez Ortega.
The report says two or three individuals arrived at the scene and allegedly caused injuries with a knife to the victim.
In the incident, a senior adult was also injured.
Paramedics arrived at the scene and treated the injured man who had knife wounds in the arms.
The suspects fled in a gray vehicle.
Body found with signs of foul play
The body of a man was found with signs of foul play inside a south Mexicali irrigation canal early Sunday.
According to police reports the corpse was reportedly found minutes after midnight.
The body was found in an area known as Blue Bridge close to a gas station.
A witness told the police several individuals allegedly arrived at the scene and threw the corpse in the canal.
Police officers arrived at the scene but only found the dead man.
Mexicali firefighters also arrived to extract the corpse.
The body was turned to the State Attorney General’s office and eventually taken to the state Coroner’s office.
According to the agency, the corpse had five wound injuries in the head.
The victim was described as a man in his mid-30s who was dressed in a white shirt and black slacks.
Judge sentences man for kidnapping
A man who kidnapped a man over a dozen years ago was finally sentenced by a state judge.
The State Attorney General’s office said Oscar Eduardo Reyes Toledo, no age reported, was sentenced to 29 years in prison.
On April 12, 2010, Reyes Toledo kidnapped the victim in a convenience store located in the Colonia Nueva subdivision.
The victim was transported to a stash house in the Chapultepec Los Pinos subdivision.
Reyes Toledo was arrested back in September in Culiacán, Sinaloa, where he hid in order to avoid his arrest.
Man sentenced for sexual abuse
A state judge sentenced a man to eight years and a half in jail for a sexual abuse case of a minor.
The state Attorney General’s office said Enrique González Delgado was sentenced for an early July 11, 2021, case.
According to the agency, incident took place in a Fraccionamiento El Cóndor area home where the individual inappropriately touched a 10-year-old minor.
The authorities said González Delgado was accused by the victim’s mother.
Mexicali police agents arrested the then-suspect.
Man sentenced for homicide
A state judge sentenced a man charged with a 2007 homicide to 23 years in prison.
The state Attorney General’s office said Miguel Ángel Meza Campillo, no age reported, was sentenced for the Oct. 2007 homicide of Manuel Salvador “N.”
The incident was reported in a community bar of the Ejido Quintana Roo rural town.
According to the authorities, the suspect and the victim held an argument that led to a fight.
Meza Campillo left the site but returned moments later.
The convicted man injured the victim with a knife.
The victim succumbed to the injuries and Meza Campillo fled from the scene.
Te puede interesar: Abducted baby found